Statewide Criminal Defense For Those Accused Of Crimes In Louisiana
Our criminal defense attorneys at Regan Law in Gretna have decades of combined experience. Founded in 1980 in New Orleans, our lawyers exclusively practice criminal law and defend clients who have been accused of crimes in both state and federal court. Whether you have been accused of a misdemeanor or are facing accusations of a serious and potentially high-profile nature, our criminal defense team will fight to protect your rights, your future and your freedom.
A Criminal Defense Team With Resources And A Reputation
Our criminal defense team includes a licensed private investigator. Depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, we will conduct our own investigation of criminal accusations to protect your constitutional rights by challenging the state’s evidence, corroborating your version of events or finding additional witnesses and evidence to support your side of the story. We investigate and defend clients who have been accused of:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drug crimes like possession and intent to distribute
- Violent crimes like assault, domestic violence and homicide charges including first and second-degree murder
- Theft crimes like fraud, robbery and burglary
- Sex crimes like rape, sexual battery and molestation
- Aggravated crimes that include weapons charges
Our firm has been around for over forty years. In that time, we have earned a reputation for fiercely defending our clients all the way through to trial whenever necessary. State and federal prosecutors know that we will fight hard for our clients to the best of our ability and utilize the full extent of the criminal justice system to fight for our clients’ innocence, future and freedom.
Defending Criminal Charges In Federal Court
When federal investigatory agencies, like the FBI or the IRS, are involved with investigating criminal activity, you could find yourself facing criminal charges in federal court. Criminal federal charges are prosecuted by the U.S. District Attorney’s office and include crimes like:
- Bank robberies and interstate theft
- Immigration crimes like smuggling, transporting and harboring illegal immigrants
- Drug offenses, like manufacturing and trafficking
- White collar crimes, like racketeering, tax evasion, computer and mail fraud, embezzlement or securities fraud
- Sex crimes like sex and human trafficking and child pornography
A conviction for a federal crime can come with serious fines and lengthy prison sentences served in a federal prison (possibly out of state). Criminal federal charges need to be taken seriously and fiercely defended.
Schedule A Free Consultation With A New Orleans Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Our criminal defense attorneys offer a free, initial consultation. To schedule your confidential free appointment, contact our office by calling us at 504-300-0098 or by sending us an email through our website form.